Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dropping a bottle of hearts....

"Go where your heat takes you... Listen to your feelings and trust them. Let them guide you through life and it's choices. You might just find what you are looking for!," read the wine bottle called The Flying Heart. How could you resist buying a bottle that speaks to you this much, especially when your at a cross roads between your heart and your head. I should of seen the red flags when the clerk told me the wine was a little on the sweet side for a red, typically I favor more the bolt. Choosing the right bottle of wine can be just as important as choosing the right guy; However,  it appears getting the guy back to your pad is a lot easier then getting the right bottle home.

As I crossed the street, I thought to myself, I should be careful how I'm holding this bag. Right in that moment, yup, a bottle fell in the middle of the inner section, so I yelled in frustration. Luckily, it was just a little damaged. I went to grab the rest of my belongs, while holding the bottle between my legs. Then again the bottle fell, neck first, causing a crack big enough to create a leak. The question left on my mind was, "I hope the second bottle is worth it, and its not just a pretty face."

After getting home, it was time to open the thing and get the night started. As I assumed, the drama wasn't worth the pop. The bottle of wine was so confused. It didn't know what to be, sweet or tangy. So not only did my first heart crack in the middle of the street, but the second was a bust. Leaving me without any satisfaction for my efforts, it just so happens the Flying Heart was nothing more then a beautiful bottle with a miss leading inspiration.

 Walking home with a paper bag with two bottle of wine, is like wearing your heart on your sleeve. You have to thread lightly, when at a crossroad, or else you might end up with a bottle that isn't so tasty. The one paper bag that decides it wants to bail on you, teaches us that you should double bag your wine , when walking it home. Also, stop buying bottles, because they sound to good to be true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment