Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dear La Playa


Im writing this letter to thank you. Thank you for everything you provided and showed me. You helped break me down and build me back up. You made me realize I put blinders on. I was hiding from the world. I was hiding behind this shy girl, who I created, because I was afraid to break down walls and be bigger than the body I was given. I learned how to be compassionate once more. I was reminded of who I truly am. For that I will always be grateful.

I don't know if its the harassness of the environment, mixed with the surrounding beauty, or the way you are forced to go with the flow and rhythms of the universe, but something about this dried up lake bed helps you learn life lessons quickly. Many of those lessons being, to be present and to follow your heart's true desires. I'm grateful for all the connections I made while I was there. It made me believe once more and not to question my intuition. 

As the man and temple burnt, I left apart of me to blow away in the dust. I shed a layer of skin that was very necessary for my growth. I transfered into the woman I want to be, who wears her heart on her sleeve, but knows how to give that affection openly and freely. Not only do I thank La playa, but all who helped make it possible. I also thank all who helped fill my heart with light once more. I hope our paths do cross once again and not just once a year. But if it's only once a year or never again, then I wont let the memories fade. 

Love Always and Forever,
Andy

P.S. If you were a human being and not a piece of land, I would want to be in a loving commitment relationship with you. Since I can't, I hope the dust lingers as long as it can, so I have some physical form to hold onto. xoxo. Love is the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment