Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Obama

I'm not one for politics, especially in my love life. My political views are something you really have to earn. Why you might ask? Well they are a little different than most. It's not something I give out so freely. If asked the question, Who I would be voting for in the November election? However, I would answer with honesty.

The American Presidential election is coming up in the next few weeks. It appears to be all the talk in my Facebook news feed. We get it, we get it, Obama vs Romney. But, whatever happened to the other guy? We don't seem to be talking to much about them. Since, I don't have a real choice in the matter. It's either Obama or Romney. I'm praying for the former.

And yes, I will vote for the candidate most in favor of  women rights.  A big part of me doesn't want to vote, even though I understand it makes a big difference. I also understand that my really choice wont matter much, because in America really one the two parties matter. The Democratic and The Republican parties. In this case, I might as well make sure that Obama takes California, even though, I'm fairly certain Obama will win California. Just to be safe, no pin indented, Obama you're my man.

Obama has to win. If he doesn't, then what will become of my sex life? I can personal say I've never had to choose between pro life or pro choice and I hope to never have too. If they will take away my choice, what would happen next? My free access to birth control? It might be a stretch. However, take away my choice is like taking away my rights to birth control. Yes, abortion is a extreme step and last resort on the birth control scale. But if getting denied free birth control is next, then I'd have to be more select on how I sexually engage with others. Not that I'm not already, but sex after marriage might have to come back into play. I'd rather not deal with the fuss  of the stress of producing a fuss.

Maybe we all should be taking this election as a big wake up call. Not just speaking in turns of our love and sex lives but in the sense of being informed. So vote Obama, so women can have more of a choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment