Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Coffee shops

Great places for the meeting of the minds. I'll always heard it is a great place to meet people too. Working at a cafe you see all these things in action and more. Up until recently I've never meet anyone at a coffee shop. 


The Reader's Cafe,  latte art done by yours truly 

The other day, I went to a cafe to work on my essay and I happened to run into my roommate. When she  took a break from her schoolwork, she walked over to my table. We began discussing what my paper happened to be on. It just so happens my paper is about romantic interactions and how they were translated into a  movie which added to the overall performance. 

After chatting for a few,  my girl went back to work and the guy seating next to me began to chat me up. To make a short story short, he asked me for my number. So I gave my number to a stranger at a coffee shop for the first time. He seemed like a interesting guy, but there wasn't an instant connection or anything. 

Then I began to think how awkward it is to ask someone you don't know for their number. And how awkward it is if you don't really want to give it. Of course, after giving someone your number you always wonder if they are going to actually call you. Sometimes your hoping that they won't. 


In this case, the guy called me the following weekend. Lucky for me, I was working while he called, but he left a message.  He was inviting me to get a cup of coffee that day. I worked and had plans later, so of course I didn't call him back, which is pretty normal. I don't return phone calls or answer my phone often. Might be why people don't really call me. Well we will  need to work on that. The weekend  flew by and I totally forgot about the missed call. 


On Tuesday, I received an email. O, I forgot to say he asked me for my email address first, LOL. Umm it's called Facebook, buddy. But he asked about my paper and all that blah. Seriously, dude?


 I must be giving off some intense attractive energy right now or something,  because I didn't return your phone call. Not that I didn't want to meet up again or anything, but I've been busy. It's finals season. It sucks for you because now Im  don't really want to meet up.   I totally respect not taking my silence as a no or for an answer. This kitty kat doesn't take no for an answer either. But keep fighting the fight, with love for love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment