Monday, May 16, 2011

Lost in Translation..

Is it possible for people who speak the same language to become lost in translation? From experience, I would say yes. It happens all the time.  Sometimes we just think the  other person is thinking the same thing as us or we just assume everyone was on the same page. Miss communicating is the story of my life. I speak before I think. If I think about it before, sometimes it just comes out wrong especially when I'm communicating with a person of interest. The nerves just take over and the mind shuts down. 


The damage to the right hemisphere is shown to be a cause of poor social communication. O no, I was drop when I was a baby :(.  I hope I don't have any damage. Well it appears that way sometimes. When you offer a person the rest of the bottle which is a quarter full, it's not because you don't want to be the one who would go to jail. It is because you were just trying to be nice and couldn't drink anymore. I know I can be intuitive but I can't read minds just yet. I'm working on it though. 


Especially now a days with all the many ways we can communicate, it gets hard to read the messages that are being sent. Sometimes you just need to ask and clarify. I would love one day to be able to know what someone is thinking without having to ask but that would make life to easy. Until someone figures out how to use telepathy, social lubricants are always helpful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment